English Programs for Visitors from Abroad
- New York, NY
- Ridgewood and Summit, NJ
- Student F-1 Visa Programs for English for Business
- Home-stay Accommodation
Our New York City center is located on Fifth Avenue in the landmark Fred F. French Building, featuring beautiful Art Deco architecture, right in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Broadway, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral, The New York Public Library, the Museum of Modern Art, The Metropolitan Museum, and world-class shopping and dining are within walking distance or a quick cab ride away. While you’re here enjoying all that New York City has to offer, why not take a brief English course to enhance your visit and your English skills?
Enjoy New York and improve your English!
Samples of brief courses other visitors have enjoyed:
- Finding one’s way around New York can be challenging to visitors. Our Getting Around New York course helps visitors learn the expressions to ask for information, to ask for and understand directions and navigate public transportation systems, order food in a restaurant, and more.
- Learning about American culture while you’re visiting is a great fit. Why do Americans like everything so big? Take our course and find out!
- Return to your office after your trip with improved English skills. Take one of our many specialized business modules--presentations, meetings, telephoning, finance, and more—and impress your boss and colleagues when you return.
- Has it been a long time since you’ve taken an English class? Take a refresher course to bring it all back.
To inquire about an English course to supplement your visit to New York, e-mail email@example.com.
To learn more about our English programs, please visit our English for Management and Professional Development.
Ridgewood and Summit, New Jersey, are lovely, affluent communities with graceful homes and tree-lined streets. Both locations feature moderate to upscale restaurants and plenty of shopping, either in boutiques in town or nearby world-class malls. Public transportation is within walking distance. Enjoy the friendliness of suburbia with New York City excitement only a train or bus ride away!
Do you want to visit the United States for the sole purpose of improving your English for business purposes?
We can help.
Our centers in Ridgewood and Summit, New Jersey, are authorized by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to issue the I-20 form required to obtain the F-1 Student Visa for INS-approved courses for non-resident students. We can set up a customized private course. Our knowledgeable and friendly professionals assist you step-by-step in understanding the process along the way.
How will you or your employees benefit from a course at inlingua Ridgewood and Summit, New Jersey?
- Unlike many centers, there is no specified start date. Once your paperwork is completed and approved, we can immediately set up a schedule that is convenient for you.
- You can attend class by day and hop onto a bus or train to enjoy New York City at night and on the weekends. Our instructors and staff will explain transportation timetables to you and even suggest activities to enjoy in New York City and in New Jersey.
- We can arrange affordable home-stay accommodation with hosts who will converse with you outside class. You’ll also learn about American culture firsthand.
- Unlike group classes, private training means you will attend a course geared towards your needs and rate of learning. This is critical to high-level executives preparing for an international presentation, managers who need to improve their English skills for their next promotion, and professionals who plan to go on assignment in the U.S. in the future.
- Unlike group classes where you will hear other students speak English inaccurately and with non-native pronunciation, in private training you are benefiting from learning English from instructors who are not only native speakers of English, but who also have excellent command of the language.
Accommodation with an English-speaking host or host family is the perfect supplement to our English language programs. Our hosts understand that they are providing more than accommodation, and they interact with our students giving them ample practice for real-time conversation, as well as the opportunity to understand American culture close up. Our hosts come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Many are within walking distance from our centers. They are gracious and hospitable, and many stay in touch with their guests long after the course has ended.